Outlook Contact Integration
Please see Outlook Calendar Integration instructions first as they are similar to the contact integration.
1. Start by clicking the Export To Outlook option from the A1-Law Main Menu.
2. Click the Preferences tab and then click the Rolodex tab.
A. Click the "Disable Rolodex Export" dropdown and change it to display Activate. The Activate With Case Filters option is very similar to the "Search For a Case" option and will display the same contact more than once if there is more than one case found for that contact. The "Activate" option displays one entry for each contact in the A1-Law rolodex. If you only wanted your clients for only your cases then you would Activate With Case Filters option. If you wanted all of a specific type or types of contacts from the rolodex (such as all of the clients, doctors, attorneys, carriers, etc) then you would select the Activate option.
B. Select the Card Type dropdown to select only clients, doctors, carriers, attorneys, etc. The Advanced button will allow you to specify an advanced filter to export any SQL query to Microsoft Outlook.
C. Click the Save Preferences button.
Syncing Rolodex Contacts to Outlook
1. From the main menu, click Export to Outlook.
2. Click the Rolodex tab and A1-Law will display the following: Export 500 contacts to Outlook (or the number of names in the A1-Law rolodex that will be exported to Outlook).
3. Click the Proceed button to Export the names to Outlook and an Outlook security dialog may be displayed and if so click Allow Access for 10 minutes.
A1-Law always removes prior A1-Law contacts from Outlook that are not found in the Query so that they are not exported to the handheld device. Both calendar and contacts that are not synced from A1-Law to Outlook and are entered directly into Outlook (either by hand ro synced from a device) are not affected.