problems with clients / carriers not showing up in form letters

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
jay

problems with clients / carriers not showing up in form letters

Post by jay » Mon Nov 19, 2001 4:39 pm

The user gets this error message, then the form letter turns up blank. If she exits the case and selects it again the merge works OK.

error 1429
OLE dispatch exception code 0 from TX4OLE; RTF filter error

This is the same problem Linda spoke to you about last week.

Michael Appell

Re: problems with clients / carriers not showing up in form letters

Post by Michael Appell » Mon Nov 19, 2001 4:54 pm

>OLE dispatch exception code 0 from TX4OLE; RTF filter error

Jay,

When does she get this message? Is it when she tries clicks the printer icon and it first prints it to the screen or when she actually tries to print the document? Also, does this happen every time? I'm assuming it's only on her workstation. Try these steps first and for the benefit of everyone else please let us know if that fixes the problem.

I would start by trying to register the control again on her machine. Click on Start, Run and type the following:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system\tx4ole.ocx

and click OK

The computer should then return that it "Succeeded"

If it fails, I would copy all of the ocx and dll files from the A1Law\Extras folder on the server into the c:\windows\system folder. Keep in mind that if you are running NT it may be c:\windows\system32 or something else.

Mike.

Michael Appell

Re: problems with clients / carriers not showing up in form letters

Post by Michael Appell » Mon Nov 19, 2001 5:01 pm

Jay,

based off of the information from your Email, it sounds like there may be a glitch in the rich text template file for that form letter. I will also need to know if this error occurs on ALL machines and only for that specific form letter? In other words, are you getting that error only when you try and print that one form letter?

If so, from the Edit tab in form letters, highlight the entire letter and type Ctrl-C to copy the entire letter to the clipboard. You should then click Ctrl-V while in the letter to make sure the letter was copied to the clipboard. Close the letter. Delete the letter (which is a template because you are at the Edit tab in form letters). Edit the letter again (fill in the title and post to case activity information). Then while in the letter (now blank since it was deleted), type Ctrl-V to paste the clipboard back into the letter.

That should fix the problem.

Mike.