Billing - Case Activity Report

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Re: Billing - Case Activity Report

Post by LMSSC » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:28 pm

5. How would I do the following:

If the attorneys wanted to know what cases had outstanding balances (money they needed to collect in depo fees/etc.) - How would I do that with the Billing Tab? With the Fees/Costs Tab?
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:58 pm

1. Is it possible to use the Billing Tab for two separate Sets of Billing by using two different Case Activity Categories?
For example two categories: A. Would be General Case Costs B. Would be Med-Pay

The billing tab was meant more for a monthly bill to be sent to various offices. The Fee/Cost tab or case activity events can track billing mostly to be prepared at the end or at various stages in the case as opposed to every month.

1b. When I am in the Category "General Case Costs" and Go to Case activity - Other features - Billing Status & Reports - would it only show the Billing Status for my current category?

It was meant for a complete bill and total and summary regardless of the category. I would think that ideally all billing should go into the same category but it's not required.

2. Could you be Case Activity Category specific about printed Reports?

Not for monthly bills but custom reports can be designed for summaries, etc.

3. In regards to printing Billing Reports - I added some Case Activity Entries using the Billing Tab (a Payment, a Fee, an Adjustment & a Cost) and then went to Reports - Billing Report... and ran it using only a filter for this month.
I received the "ALERT - No Billing Records Found" message. Am I doing this correctly?
Plus "Quick Summary" - showed no information.

You may have to Email me the caseact files from that folder to see why this didn't work or I can sign on remotely if you want to Email me so that we can look at this.

4. Case activity - Other features - Billing Status & Reports - Is there any way you can print this displayed window? Print this information with individual Billing activity details?

It was meant as a quick summary but you can cut and paste it anywhere for printing.

5. If the attorneys wanted to know what cases had outstanding balances (money they needed to collect in depo fees/etc.) - How would I do that with the Billing Tab? With the Fees/Costs Tab?

You can use a case activity report for this. The billing tab has has a basic report summary (at the dropdown at the lower far right).

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:42 pm

1. Is the Fees/Costs tab supposed to have a space for Check Number?

On the Case Activity Cost Report there is a column named "Check No."

I didn't see any other tabs (other than Billing) that had a specific place for the Check Number

2. When we started using A1 about six years ago for PI we created a Category called "Case Costs" where we added a Case Activity UDF tab called (same as the category) "Case Costs" with the following User Defined Fields (UDF):

UDF #1 - Date of Cost
UDF #2 - Payee
UDF #3 - Apportionment
Event Field - Reason
UDF #5 - Check Number

-In the Case Activity Cost Report it looks like UDF #1 is being pulled into the "Check No" column. However I wanted to make sure about the answer to Question #1 first before I asked about any changes I need to do/fixes.

3. For the Fees/Costs Tab - The "Type of Fee or Cost" dropdown is currently empty. Are there supposed be be a generic list of possibilities in there (similar to the Billing tab) or do we need to add them somewhere in Configure System Defaults?

Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Dear Michael,

Thanks again for your help.

What steps do I need to take to deal with the issues in the previous post?

Sincerely, Michael Lerner
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131