Billing - Case Activity Report

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Billing - Case Activity Report

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:23 pm

Hey Mike,

I would like to use the billing in A1 for our law firm. Please let me know how to proceed and also how to run a report of all case activity for each month in A1 re: billing. Thank you for your help. please call or email me (661) 904-3939 or jennifer@vg-law.com

Thanks! :)

Anonymous User

Re: Billing - Case Activity Report

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:07 pm

The billing was primarily meant for defense firms or other areas of law. You may use the billing report. However, to track fees, you may use the case activity report. Please see the case activity reports and this article:

http://www.appellsoftware.com/Newslette ... 1-2001.htm

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:20 am

Thanks Mike, that will really help. Is there a way to include the fees/costs tab in case activity. That is what I meant for billing. We could use that, and it would make our lives like 10x easier. Please let me know. Thanks again!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:52 pm

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The fee/costs tab is already in case activity.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:28 am

I meant in the case activity report. Can we include the fees/costs tab in the report?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:00 pm

Okay - now I understand. What fields from the fee/cost tab would you like on the report?

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Attorney, time in minutes, hourly rate, and type of fee or cost.

Thanks Mike! : )

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:12 pm

There is also a billing tab but if you have already used the Fee/Cost I'll get a report for that. At present, as you may know, it's easy to print the information out for a specific case but for a report I'll add that in the next update.

Thanks,
Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:34 pm

Actually, now that you mention it, it would be a lot easier to use the billing tab under type of entry 'fees'. That looks like it is easier to use. Is that report available yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:27 pm

Yes - that report is already available and customizable.

Mike