Outlook Calendar Integration Now Ready

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Outlook Calendar Integration Now Ready

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:11 am

Feel free to post your questions, thoughts and ideas on this feature.

Release Date: 7/8/2007

Mike

LMSSC

Re: Outlook Calendar Integration Now Ready

Post by LMSSC » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:41 pm

That's Terrific to hear Michael!

So how does it all work? (Extreme curiosity)

THANKS AGAIN!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi Michael - the article has been posted on the web at the Versions section. Here's the exact link:

http://www.appellsoftware.com/Updates4/ ... endar1.htm

It's very easy to use and feedback thus far has been very positive. It's one way syncing into the Outlook calendar which may then be synced to just about any Palm device.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:05 pm

Exploring this further, I now realize I could quickly and easily export all or part of the A1-Law Rolodex to Microsoft Outlook. This would allow contacts and any information in A1-Law to then be exported to a mobile device.

In other words, along with clients, attorneys, doctors, etc. A1-Law could in addition attach case activity and/or tasks to the notes section in with the clients to be exported to the device.

I'm exploring this idea and would certainly appreciate any feedback if users think exporting contacts from A1-Law would also be useful. :)-D

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:03 pm

Dear Michael,

If I understand the current status of integration, it is:

A1 Calendar + Rolodex --> Outlook --> Your Handheld Device (Blackberry, Treo, Palm OS)

Is it possible to do 2-say sync?

Thanks!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Yes - it is possible, I just haven't found that much demand for that at this time I think because everyone is more into using the Transfer Utility. But, I'll make a note of it anyways.

Thanks,

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi Mike,

Is it possible to set up a mobile device to sync over-the-air (i.e. have push capabilities) with the A1 Calendar? I was thinking that we could sync the A1 calendar with Outlook, then use Exchange to push the data as necessary. You mentioned above that one can do two-way syncing between A1 and Outlook, but that there's little demand - does this mean the current version of A1 doesn't support two-way syncing but that a future release may? Your article on syncing A1 and Outlook seems to indicate this is the case.

Push capabilities would be really useful when we're scheduling events while at the WCAB. I understand that one could create an event on one's phone, then later sync it with Outlook. However, the delay in syncing means that scheduling conflicts could easily arise. I also know that one can remontely connect to A1 using a laptop and an internet connection, which is what we'll do for now. However, using the phone would be even faster and even more convenient.

Thanks,
Patrick

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:34 pm

At present, if one does the sync at your office from A1 to Outlook then yes you may easily sync it via with a mobile device.

You may also click Tools, My Preferences and check the box to have A1-Law automatically sync calendar and/or rolodex to Outlook everytime the user signs on in the morning.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 pm

Yes - you are correct - demand has been relatively LOW for remote syncing due to the laptop Transfer Utility.

The Transfer Utility has so much more power and when I set it up so that transfers may be done remotely such as at the courts then that will take care of that as well. But, it is possible to setup two way syncing through Outlook and it is on a "to do" list but demand has been relatively low.

Mike

SCOLETTI

Post by SCOLETTI » Tue May 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi, Mike -

When syncing A-1 to Outlook and then to my phone, is there anyway for the calendar appearances to also appear in the Outlook calendar on the computer. I have an atty who likes to see her calendar in A1, Outlook, and her phone. Not too demanding, huh!!

Sherry