FORMS CATEGORY-ACCESS LEVEL problems

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
TLLLP

FORMS CATEGORY-ACCESS LEVEL problems

Post by TLLLP » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:41 pm

Mike:

Our A1-law system has a number for Case Activity Form Categories. Our system is set to Display Category 0 at Access level 1 =full access. File accessed is set to category 15.

Some how the Category 0 got changed to Access level 0, documents that are being worked on don't show up in case activity but they appear in Saved FORMS. I tried to EDIT category 0 and change the access level back to 1, but the A1-law system won't let me edit it. Once I click on category 0 it disappears from the Case Activity list.

The only way now for people to view new documents created is to select SHOW ALL in case activity. But we don't want show all because it displays "file access" events.

Please advise on how to fix this situation.

Thank you.

Anonymous User

Re: FORMS CATEGORY-ACCESS LEVEL problems

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:36 pm

Check Configure System Defaults, Case Activity and double click on the main category (probably category 1) and check the access rights.

Mike

TLLLP

Post by TLLLP » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:06 am

Category 1 "Main Case activity" has full access rights-level 1. But Category 0 is at access level 0.

In Configure System Defaults/General/Case Activity tab- Our "Display Category" is set to 0.

Why is it that I can't edit Category 0 and change the access level to 1(full access).

Please advise.

Thank you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:01 am

There should not be a category zero. "Display category" zero just uses the default category but all categories (when you click Case Activity in system defaults) should be one or more and never zero. I can contact your tech department if you like to research the problem further. Please Email contact information.

Mike

TLLLP

Post by TLLLP » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:03 pm

Mike:

It was a glitch we are no longer having that problem anymore. Thanks for your help.