Re: Merge Codes

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Law Offices of George Henderson

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:05 pm

New question. Susan did our fax cover sheet. This is part of her code:

>>>>>>>

I want memory 71 to include the suffix. What do I need to add?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:13 pm

(note - I have split your above reply to this new topic)

You will probably want a comma after the last name if there is a suffix so I would change it FROM THIS:

>

TO THIS:

>

Mike

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Thank you. I also wanted to know when you use this code:

iif(empty(card.suffix), "", ", " + trim(card.suffix))

Why does it have: , "", ", " ? I'm just curious. Does it mean if there is no suffix leave it blank, but it there is add a comma and space?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Correct - it says to add a comma and a space and the suffix. It is a "conditional" statement and if the condition is true then it displays the first item otherwise it displays the second. For example:

>

There are many things one can do with this command. Here's another example:

>
<<command = code iif(upper(card.interpret) = "Y", "You need an interpreter", "You do not need an interpreter")

Mike

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:29 pm

For our notice of depo, Susan used this code to pull up the location:

>>>>>>>

{FieldName = LocationFirm
>}

{FieldName = LocationSt
>}

{FieldName = LocationCSZ
>}

{FieldName = LocationPhone
>}

Sometimes the depos are in our office. Is there a way to have A1 put our address if no party is selected? Or would it just be easier for us to do a different letter for depos in our office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:49 pm

I guess I'm a little confused because I'm seeing an INCLUDE 1107 in the getparty command. This would include card #1107 in the rolodex in every getparty. I'm guessing that is a rolodex card for your office (but I could be mistaken). If so, then your office would also be included in the getparty list to select the location for the depo. Therefore, they should always be able to select your office as a location.

Now - it is possible to tell A1Law to use your office address if nothing is selected but I am trying to understand why nothing would be selected (since they can always select your office location in the getparty list).

Mike

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:45 pm

I see the problem now. Card number 1107 does pop up in the party list, but it's not our office. So all I have to do is find our card number and replace it right? So do I need to add us in the Rolodex or do we already have a number?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:22 pm

Right - you can also use the INCLUDE command to include several additional names from the rolodex. Search for your name in the rolodex and if it is not there then you can just add it. When adding or editing, click the Properties tab and at the lower left corner you will see the "cardcode" which indicates the number to use.

Mike

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:41 pm

I have another question on codes. I don't remember if I've asked this before. We are using the following code for doctor appointment notices:

>>>>>>>>>

The only problem with it, is it only pulls up the doctor's firm. How would I change it if I want it to pull the doctor's full name with suffix and if there is a firm, to add the firm below the doctor's name?

Example:
doctor name
firm name
address
phone number

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Ok I tried copying some code from the 700 letter. I tried this:

>>>>>>>

But it places the firm name next to the doctor's name. What can I do to get it the way I want?