Re: Merge Codes

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Dear Michael,

Could you please let me know what is the correct codes to use to pull the following information into our A1 letters from the client card - Telephone/Email (tab) - Business Contact Information (grey area):

1. Telephone (1)

2. Telephone (2)

3. Tax ID

4. Fax

Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:41 pm

After positioning to the correct party:

>
>
>
>

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:57 am

I'm using WP for my forms. I have this code selecting the addressee for the header in a letter:
{FieldName = ChooseAddressee
>}
So I get a list of parties to select from and the name & address is inputted - exacly what we want. But I am wondering if there is a simple way to make the first and last name (only) appear later in the same document without having to select that person from the list again for each instance.

So if the letter is addressed to John Doe, I would like his name to appear elsewhere in the letter without selecting it over and over again. But I don't want a code specific to "client" or "doctor" because the letter could be addressed to any party at any time.

Thanks for any help!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:46 am

There are many ways to accomplish this. But, since you are utilizing Word or Word Perfect commands the simplest way would be something like this:

Instead of this:

{FieldName = ChooseAddressee
>}

You might use this:

{FieldName = Party1NameAddress
>}

{Fieldname = Party1FullNameOnly
>}

{Fieldname = Party1FirmOnly
>}

Then, simply use those commands anywhere in the Corel or Word document. Feel free to reply back if you have any questions.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:20 pm

Ok that code is working, thanks! I am trying to do practically the same thing reversed with CCs. So which part of that code is making the above possible?

For example, I need to list only the name/firm, then further down in the document I need to list the name/firm/address. This happens in the same document that I used the above code.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Nevermind I think I have it working. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Right - so immediately after their selection you define ALL the codes you need based off their selection.

We are of course assuming they select only one party in the GetParty. Otherwise, if they select multiple parties then there is different coding involved.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Ok for the CC part there is the possibility that the user will select multiple parties. What coding will I need in that case?

Another question I have is for staff codes. I need a code that will prompt the user to select from a drop down list of all staff users. Is that possible?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Regarding the cc - I'm not understanding why you would need information in two separate places (such as name and addresses of all selected in one place then just names in another). Why would you need that?

Regarding the other question about staff members, please elaborate on this and what it is for but please start another topic for this so as to keep the questions in separate threads.

Thanks,
Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:10 am

For the CC, the form letter lists the CCd parties at the bottom of the letter, then on the next page it lists the CCd parties again, along with their address. Since I don't use the letter I'm not sure why, I'm just making the letter work.