Loop command for mass mailing

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Prosser

Loop command for mass mailing

Post by Prosser » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:08 pm

We are sending postcards to all our current clients to let them know our office will be closed for a short period of time during the holidays. I have already formatted the postcard for the addresses. This is the loop command that I've been using for the postcard addresses but I'm getting no matches: >. I pulled up the first case number which is 524 and tried to print the addresses from that file but with no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous User

Re: Loop command for mass mailing

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:02 pm

If it is postcards why not just do labels instead in the Search For A Case?

Regarding why you are not getting any matches you should always have at least one match (the case you pulled). Therefore please make sure the loop command is at the bottom of the letter and also make sure you have commands above it to pull information.

Mike

Prosser

Post by Prosser » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:45 pm

We're not sending a letter. The information about the office closed dates has already been printed on the other side of the postcard. We need to print the address of the open client files to the post card. The postcard has already been formatted and we need the correct loop command to print the clients name and address to the postcard.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:14 am

What I'm suggesting is that you can print "clear" labels. Otherwise, I'll need to know the number of the form letter and I can sign on remotely and take a look at it because the above codes look just fine to me. Otherwise, you can try retyping the line but again, the first letter should always print regardless of the loop.

Mike

Prosser

Post by Prosser » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:25 pm

I discovered the error of my ways. I forgot to put >> in front of the loop command. It works very well now. Thanks for all your help, Mike.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:05 pm

Yes - I think I mentioned that might be what was happening in my second post above per the following: "Therefore please make sure the loop command is at the bottom of the letter and also make sure you have commands above it to pull information."

I'm glad you got it all figured out.

Mike