Document Tracker

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Document Tracker

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:21 am

Hey Mike,

Is it possible for the document tracker to search inside of MS word, WP and excel documents as well? (:D

Thanks,
Jenn

Anonymous User

Re: Document Tracker

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:47 am

I'll make a note of that.

Thanks,
Mike

Law Offices of George Henderson

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Can you explain what the document tracker does? It sounds like it can be very useful to our office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Mostly used with defense firms and in general it allows secretaries to quickly see the latest documents they have created chronologically by date regardless of the case.

Mike

Law Offices of George Henderson

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:10 pm

How would we go about using it? I saw it in the system defaults under General. I clicked on document tracker but what should I use for the settings?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:54 pm

To start you have to activate it through Configure System Defaults, General and click the Document Tracker button. Set the number of days to 30 or so and click Reindex and then proceed. Then the Document Tracker may be accessed and most of the features are fairly self explanatory.

Thanks,
Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:00 am

Mike,

Thank you for the quick implementation of this feature. If possible to fix, here are the issues we will be having:

1) The case activity search is in an inconvenient place for attorneys to just click and search with;
2) The search (with “O” for Open cases, “CIV” for civil cases and “DMM” for the attorney’s initials) took 5 minutes. That may not sound like a long time, but compared to the windows search it is a long time; and
3) You cannot see any results while it is searching, like the windows application.

I think if we were able to increase the speed, have a more convenient location for the search and somehow show the results as its searching, and allow you to stop at any moment, this feature would be wonderful! Let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

-Jenn

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:21 pm

The search does take time when searching text in documents (especially long documnets) but I would like to contact you at the end of the month to sign on your system to test this as well because 5 min does sound a bit long when checking a specific attorney's open files. I could be something else is slowing things down.

Thanks,
Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Hey Mike,

Let me know when you have time to discuss? This is still a key factor in the civil dept. keeping A1-Law.

Thanks,
Jenn