A1 Case Activity - Mouse Cursor Jumps

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

A1 Case Activity - Mouse Cursor Jumps

Post by LMSSC » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your ongoing help and support.

Our office is having the following problem:

"My cursor is still jumping while I type in the case activity notes. It seems to happen every 3-5 minutes."

At least 2 of the attorneys are having this issue. It seems that other A1 offices have been having this problem as well. I'm going to check to see if any other staff members are also having this problem.

Both attorneys are using wireless keyboards - to make sure it wasn't a keyboard power issue I went ahead and changed the batteries on both keyboards - no difference.

We currently upgraded to the latest version: 6.5.5C - without any change.
The problem has been around since at least 6.5.1F

I will add more details as I acquire them. Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Re: A1 Case Activity - Mouse Cursor Jumps

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Michael - this is due to the "autosave" feature being turned on. The default "autosave" is every 60 seconds. You may disable this feature by going to Tools, My Preferences and change the AutoSave to -1 to disable it. You may of course increase the autosave to 120 to "autosave" every two minutes. The idea being that if someone spends 5 minutes summarizing a VERY long case activity note and there is a power shortage or computer glitch then they may recover their note.

In the meantime, I'll test this on my development machine to see if I can make the computer mouse cursor "jump" during the autosave.

Thanks,
Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:40 pm

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for following up on this.

Is there anyplace in Tools - System - Configure the System - Configure System Defaults that this can be changed as a global option rather than a local (My Preferences) option?

Thanks again!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:45 pm

The latest version has ALREADY changed the default to NOT autosave so if you have situations where the mouse jumps that should no longer happen. The default is NO AUTOSAVE if they have not gone into tools, my preferences. Each user can have their own preferences since in general the mouse cursor should not ever jump around when it does the autosave. However, if it does do it on some of your computers then they can just turn off the autosave or set it for very inoften such as 5 minutes (300 seconds). I wanted to keep the default in my preferences since each user may want to change their default settings. But, I don't think there should be a need for system defaults since if the users have not gone into my preferences and are not familiar with the setting at all then it is going to be turned off by default in this latest version anyways. Hope that helps.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Dear Michael,

Checking in with the attorneys we still have that "jump" happening while the attorneys are typing up into Case Activity notes.

Here's more details about the current situation:

1. Autosave for the attorney is currently set to 0. (Tools - My Preferences - Case Activity - Autosave)

2. Situation: The attorney types out information into a new Case Activity note. Then the attorney realizes that they need to fix something in the middle of the case activity. So they click in the appropriate place in the middle of the Case Activity note and start typing. About 5-30 seconds later the cursor "jumps" to a spot closer to the end of the Case Activity note.

(The attorney's workaround: Type it up first into Word and then Copy/Paste into the Case Activity note)

3. Current A1 Version: 6.8.2g (I will update to the latest version tonight).

Hope this information helps! Thanks again!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner, Network Administrator - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Michael - 0 in my preferences uses the default from system defaults. If you put your cursor over the mypref autosave you will see it says enter -1 to disable.

Sorry for the confusion.

Try again and let me know.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much.

Turning off autosave through My Preferences seemed to prevent the cursor from "jumping" in Case Activity.

The attorneys would like to use autosave without the "jump" issue. They want to know if there is a way to fix this.

Thanks again!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Network Administrator - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:17 pm

It is probably something with their computers because it does not do this on most computers. There are two options. They can either manually click the Save button (at case activity) which acts as a "save and continue" or you can set the autosave to something like 5 minutes so that the jump is not that often.

Mike