Searching By Injury Date and First Name

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Searching By Injury Date and First Name

Post by LMSSC » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:57 pm

Dear Michael,

How would we search for cases by Date of Injury?

How would we search for cases by First Name?

We sometimes get documents that due to various reasons only have one or two pieces of information - so knowing this would help greatly.

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Re: Searching By Injury Date and First Name

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Searching by First Name is really easy. Just click the Search For A Case and then click the Search By dropdown and change it to First Name.

By date of injury is a little more tricky because they could enter anything (such as CT 2003-2005 and then you have to ask yourself if you are looking for a 2004 DOI if that counts). However, there is an Injury Report and where it says Date Of Injury that is a "contains" option so you could enter 09 or 2009 as an example or just enter OP on the left (for all open cases) then sort the report by DOI (that's probably the best option) and then you can quickly view those you are looking for. The more you enter on the left (such as case status) the faster the report runs.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:40 pm

When I run this report, I always get the message "There is an error in your injury filter." This happens when I'm entering the data as instructed (e.g. 11/1998 in the DOI Month/Year Statute field), and even when I've entered nothing in the Case Injury Filter fields. I can check the box marked Ignore Errors and the report will run, but it won't return all of correct results. (I confirmed this by pulling a test case, finding the month and year of the DOI and entering that in the DOI Month/Year Statute field, then running the report - while some results did show up, my test case did not).

Is there something I'm missing or doing incorrectly?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Check the IGNORE ERRORS checkbox.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:03 pm

As I wrote above, the report doesn't work properly when checking the Ignore Errors box - it doesn't return the correct results. For example, I'll enter paramters (e.g. the DOI and AttyH) taken directly from a case card, but the report won't find that case.

-Patrick

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:37 pm

I have just discovered a minor bug with this report and I'll have an update/patch by the end of the day.

Mike