Alternate Referral Report

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Alternate Referral Report

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 am

Mike,

For a variety of reasons, we enter our referred by information on one of the user defined screens. We'd like to generate a report that lists all newly opened cases for a period (usually the given year), along with the referred by info. We'll be using whatever date's in the Entered field of the Case Dates section to determine when a case was opened; the referred by data is in the third field on page 1 of the User tab. My question: which report would be easiest to use for this purpose?

Incidentally, I tried using the UDF Case Count report for this purpose, but that didn't list the referred by information. I suppose we could try the User Defined Field Report, but we'd need to know how to construct an advanced filter to limit the dates.

Please let me know if what I've written here doesn't make sense or doesn't include enough information.

-Patrick

Anonymous User

Re: Alternate Referral Report

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:48 am

Either you or I would have to create a custom report for that if you want to include something on the user defined fields. Otherwise, if the referral source is at the PARTY sheet (which is strongly recommended) then it is no problem.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:09 pm

There are a few reasons we don't have the referral source as a party (and use the R/B field in the Case Dates section). First, you're not allowed to add any supplemental information to the name you attach. This becomes a problem when former clients are the referral source. When viewing the Referral Report, all we get is a name - there's no way for us to write in somethign like "(former client)" to show up after the name. This problem also occurs when the referral source works at a particular firm or office, the name of which won't be included in the Referral Report. The lack of supplemental info makes the report much less useful.

Second, the Referral Report has filters for the D/R field only (unless you use the advanced filter) - and we never fill in the D/R. If we could easily search by Date Entered, generating the report would be much simpler.

So, we could eliminate the latter problem by using the correct advanced filter. But I'm not aware of any workaround for the first issue; is there one?

-Patrick

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 pm

<<If we could easily search by Date Entered, generating the report would be much simpler.

You can search by Date Entered - just click the Search By dropdown and select Date Entered and generate a referral report that way.

Mike