Client/Applicant Problems

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Client/Applicant Problems

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:21 am

Mike,

We now enter all new cases as applicants, rather than clients, mainly because doing so fills in part of the application (at the Injuries tab) automatically. Meanwhile, all of our cards transferred from WCFMS came over with the client label.

Here's what happens when we try to print letters from a newly created card (i.e. one where the injured worker's called an applicant, not client): If a letter includes the line >, everything works fine - the name and address are pulled properly. However, if a letter includes the lines >>, nothing is pulled. Is that by design? Will I have to edit all of our letters that include these last commands to read >? Right now, that's the only solution I can think of.

Thanks,
Patrick

Anonymous User

Re: Client/Applicant Problems

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:38 am

There are a few solutions and recommendations.

1. First, it is possible to do a GLOBAL CHANGE of all the types for CLIENT to APPLICANT. Just make sure that is what you want to do (since it's possible that you might not want that for Civil or other types of cases). If you want to do a global change for all parties then please see this link:

http://www.appellsoftware.com/forum/rea ... 3#msg-3353

If you want to change all CLIENT to APPLICANT in the ROLODEX as well (since all future rolodex entries will default to CLIENT if that is their category in the rolodex then the procedure is similar only you would select the CARD table instead and do a global change over the type field.

Care should be exercised when doing a global search and replace and this is why it's important to do the Quick Backup as indicated in the above link.

2. Will I have to edit all of our letters that include these last commands to read >? Right now, that's the only solution I can think of.

The answer to that is YES and NO. If you structure your letters or consider structuring them such that EVERY LETTER does a MERGE for the "header" part of the letter then you only have to change ONE LETTER. For example, if all your letters begin with something like the following:

>
>

where letter 1000 contains letterhead and 1001 contains the header information for letters to client which would include the date command, caption, salutation, etc. then you would only need to change letter 1001. See the sample letters 10659 to 10669.

Thanks,
Mike