Internet Link

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Internet Link

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:49 am

Hi Mike,

I hope all is well.

I have been trying to figure the following out, but have had no luck yet…

Is there a way to insert an internet link in an A1 case note?

In other words, if an attorney finds a website with info relevant to a case, is there a way to link from the A1 case note to the website in an internet browser?

Thanks very much for the help,

Adam

Anonymous User

Re: Internet Link

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:54 am

For "legal research" like that you would more than likely want to use the A1-Law Library for that. Otherwise, you could cut and paste the link and would then have to do the same from the notes at this time. But, the A1Law Library will allow you to just automatically open IE and proceed to the website.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi Mike,

I wasn’t familiar with the A1 Library, but I see now that it is a good tool for creating a central database of common law websites that our office uses.

We will continue to use the cut and paste method when we need to post an internet link for a specific case. I should mention (as it may be of interest to you) the circumstance in which we need to do this… We often get burnt CDs from the Social Security Administration for a specific client, which contain as many as fifty medical records (TIF files) all perfectly laid out and accessible from an included html index page. For a long time, we would print all the records from the CD, and then scan them back into A1. This process was obviously a waste of time and money. What we do now is copy the entire contents of the SSA CD into a special folder on the server, and then provide a link to the index page. This process takes about fifteen minutes. When someone needs to access those records, cutting and pasting the link from the case activity note into an internet browser is really not a big deal at all. However, I suppose it would be nice if people could just click the link instead (especially for employees who aren’t comfortable with computers).

Anyway, thanks for the help and have a great Fourth of July!

Adam

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Why not just IMPORT the entire folder into a Case Activity category? From Case Activity you can click Other Features, Attach Documents then select all the files in that folder and import them in A1-Law as TIF files. Then from either case activity or Forms,Saved Documents you can view each TIF file separately.

Mike