A1 EAMS Form Error: Mismatched pshjmp/popjump call

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

A1 EAMS Form Error: Mismatched pshjmp/popjump call

Post by LMSSC » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:20 pm

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your Bug-Finding Advice.

One of our staff is experiencing a frequent problem with EAMS forms:

Situation:

1. The staff member opens the form (for example the Declaration of Readiness).

2. Information is typed into the form.

3. Clicked the Red "Save to Disk" (button) --> File Saved (window) appears.

4. At this point the following error shows up:

Mismatched pshjmp/popjump call

(What does this error mean?)

After closing this error box A1 is automatically closed and the "Program Error: law.exe has generated errors" window appears.

*Update* - When you return to the program - the form itself and the "auto-added" data is saved. HOWEVER, the information that was typed in by the staff member (including checked boxes) WAS NOT SAVED.

Computer and Program Settings:

Windows 2000 Professional
256 MB Memory
A1 Version: 6.6.7C
Kaspersky Antivirus
-Made sure all settings correct in IE and Adobe Reader as in previous "Bug Hunting" thread.

Other program windows open at the time: Outlook 2000 + one IE music player window

Possible idea: I am thinking that this may be memory resource related: Most of the newer antiviruses seem to require lots of memory, especially when updating/scanning plus Adobe Reader also tends to need lots of memory... it could be when several programs are running/operating that the system just can't handle the added stress.

For the time being I am having the staff member only have 2 programs running at once to see if the issue still appears.

Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Re: A1 EAMS Form Error: Mismatched pshjmp/popjump call

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi Michael - a few things. You said the staff member is frequently having this problem but I suppose not always so maybe it is a memory issue OR it could just be an issue with the antivirus software. Can you try telling the antivirus software to exclude all scanning of PDF and X and XML files and let's see if that also helps? You might be right about the memory and I must say I was a little "shocked" to find the computer you are using only has 256 MB RAM which is VERY little these days for the programs you are running. You might want to consider upgrading or just getting a new computer because they are so cheap these days. A1-Law doesn't need the RAM but you are correct that the latest versions of Acrobat, IE and your antivirus do. The other thing you can always try is to uninistall Acrobat 9 and install Acrobat 8 which requires less RAM but that may not help you given the requirements of IE and your antivirus software. It might be easier just to run out and spend $30 or so for a gig of RAM and be done with the problem or spend around $300 or so for a new computer.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the advice.

I am happy to report that increasing the memory on the systems seems to deal with a good portion of the random A1 related issues we have been experiencing. Each system that had problems has been upgraded from 256 RAM --> 512 RAM. Most of the memory has been found on Ebay at a cost of about $15-20 per system (Note: Our systems used RDRAM 800-45).

Does the core part of A1 require more system memory/resources than a couple of years ago? I'm guessing no... that it is the other programs attached/embedded with A1 (Adobe Reader, etc.) and/or usually open with A1 (Internet Explorer, etc.) that have seen a noticable increase.

Will keep you updated. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:05 pm

You are correct that A1-Law does not require much memory at all to run and it resources will be used mostly by Acrobat 9, IE, antivirus and possibly other programs on startup that can be checked from Start Run MSCONFIG. One other thing to do is at MSCONFIG in addition to the startup programs, check the Services tab and hide the Microsoft Services to see what else is running. Finally, did you check Frys for memory? They tend to have a good supply at reasonable prices.

Mike