form drafting

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

form drafting

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:11 pm

My forms are saved in activities at my activity 8, Saved Correspondence and Pleadings. For some time, most of my forms I have clicked on the "do not update" box. Updates would reset the saving in activity 1.

Have I missed out on important updates?

Also, for some EAMS forms, like the application, the carrier information does not autopopulate to the form. Is that supposed to happen?

Thank you.

Bob Owens

Anonymous User

Re: form drafting

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:43 pm

The DO NOT UPDATE only needs to be checked for forms 10,000 and above and only check them if you purposely do not want updates to overwrite the forms. This may be necessary when you want to highly customize a specific form (which could always be copied below 10,000 anyways).

Regarding a form like the application, if you have DO NOT UPDATE checked then you may always either uncheck it and wait for the next update or at Edit Letters, Right Click the printer icon and click Extract a form letter and enter the form number. This will also overwrite your changes. Again, most of the time, the DO NOT UPDATE is not necessary to check. When the DWC updates a form, you will still get the latest form revision. What is not updated is the specific changes you might make in the A1 Court form that specifies how to auto-populate the court form.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Mike:

What about my problem of updating resetting the saving to activity one?

Thank you.

Bob Owens

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:15 pm

They only get reset if the checkbox is not checked. You only need to check the box for forms above 10000. You can edit the form information (at the edit letters tab) specify the activity category to post to such as number 8 and then check the box to NOT UPDATE the form so that information stays the same.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:36 pm

I've set this up so that you won't have to worry about checking the box anymore in the next release. In this way, if forms change you will have the latest forms and your category you want to post to will remain the same.

Mike