A1 - Attaching Mass Files to the Case Card from a CD DVD

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

A1 - Attaching Mass Files to the Case Card from a CD DVD

Post by LMSSC » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:13 am

Dear Michael,

Hope your holiday season is coming along well.

I please need your help with a subbed-in a case.

We were recently provided five disks (one CD and four DVDs) from the prior attorney.

The CD contains the case documents: letters & photos in pdf + doc + tif formats - over 350 files in total.

-Would there be some sort of automated way for me to pull this large amount of files into that Case Card's Case Activity?

The DVDs contain videos (each video seems to be broken up into 3 files... the .IFO executable + .BUP + .VOB).

-What would be the best way to handle these in regards to A1? Shortcuts? Special folder?

Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Re: A1 - Attaching Mass Files to the Case Card from a CD DVD

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:39 am

Use the OTHER FEATURES (from case activity) then use the Attach button and check the box to use the file's date and time.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the info.

The problem with the document CD is that all of the files have approximately the same created/modified date - It looks like the date the CD was created.

However the documents are named:

(What the document is) (Date)
OR
(What the document is) on (Date)

For example:

Dr. Black's Deposition 12-01-07
OR
Secondary PR-2 Mr. Blue on 03-12-08

-Would it be possible to use the listed date in the title as the Case Activity Date?

Thanks Again!
Sincerely, Michael Lerner, Network Administrator - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:36 pm

A1-Law automatically puts the name of the document in the EVENT field so you will see that in the event field (ie: Dr. Black's Deposition 12/1/07). You can also decide what case activity category you want it to merge into (just select the category before clicking Attach Documents). As you can probably see - it's a very powerful feature. Also, you can select any type of document or documents including Acrobat, PDF, videos, photos, etc.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Dear Michael,

When adding a group of files to case activity,

If you don't: -->

Does it just add them with today's date and the time? (So all the added entries would have the same date & time?)

Thanks again!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner, Network Administrator - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Yes - that is correct.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the information. Just used that feature to move all the files into the Case Activity cleanly. Very Very cool. The staff I think will really be appreciative.

-Could you however please make one addition to that feature?

At the "Attach Files to Case Activity" screen when you click on the Proceed (button) ... I think files are being added but nothing shows up on the screen to let you know that is happening/working until it Finishes and the "Alert: All done attaching files." (window appears).

Could you add some sort of "File Attachment In progress" (window)?

I can think of situations where people will press the Proceed (button) multiple times thinking nothing is happening... or not sure if they clicked on it properly... especially when there is a LARGE group of files to attach (I almost did it ;) )

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:42 pm

I'll make a note of that so that it shows the file # of it is currently attaching. Good point - overall it should be fairly quick but you are correct if there are a lot of files or the files are large and on CD (and not a hard drive) then the copying will be slower and take more time.

Remember also that it attaches it to the current category you are in when clicking the Other Features button.

Thanks and I'm glad you like that feature,
Mike