A1 Login - Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro library

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Re: A1 Login - Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro library

Post by LMSSC » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Dear Michael,

Let me help clear up the misunderstanding. There are two Different Operating Systems involved in this: Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

In regards to my last two posts, I was showing how when you RE-REGISTER on a Windows XP Professional system - You are still able to reach the A1 Login screen normally through the provided shortcut. So no problems so far getting to the A1 Login screen on Windows XP.

*However, the glitch seems to happen after you RE-REGISTER A1 on a Windows 2000 Professional system that currently has A1-Law OR REGISTER a brand new workstation install on a Windows 2000 Professional system.

For some reason RE-REGISTERING/REGISTERING causes the glitch on the Windows 2000 system and NOT the Windows XP system.

Doing some further testing -

1A. I checked a Windows XP Professional system that HAS NOT been Re-registered in at least the last two updates.

That system's login screen shows the following:
A1-Law is NOT UNDERLINED.
Version 6.8.3
v. 3.2.1

So on a Windows XP Professional system you are able to reach the A1 Login Screen. If you have Re-registered recently A1-Law will be underlined. If you have not Re-registered recently A1-Law will NOT be underlined. Either way you are able to reach the login screen without any problems.

1B. Checking a Windows 2000 Professional system that HAS NOT been Re-registered in at least the last update.

That system's login screen shows the following:
A1-Law is NOT UNDERLINED.
Version 6.8.3
v. 3.2.1

2. On a Windows 2000 Professional system I went ahead and removed and re-installed the A1 Law workstation files - This time using a mapped drive instead of a UNC. Instead of rebooting the system after uninstalling the program - I went ahead and changed the Lawlocal folder name and re-installed the workstation files.

During the Registration - I got the following error message (pink box):
General Error
Error 1705
Message File access is denied
Message1 DO c:\lawlocal\law.exe WITH "1","LRL"
Program FRMNEWVERSION.GNOST1
Line No 56

I have no idea if this error message has any significance or not. It did not kick me out of A1-Law.

However once again when I logged out of the A1 and attempted to use the A1 shortcut I got the:
"Microsoft Visual Foxpro - Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro library" error message.

I used law.exe to re-register the files. However even after the re-register the "Microsoft Visual Foxpro" error message appears when you try to use the normal A1 shortcut.

It does not look like using a UNC versus a mapped drive shows any difference with this glitch.

... TO SUMMARIZE ...
So far the glitch only seems to happen when Registering/Re-registering on Windows 2000 Professional systems. Guessing it has something to do with one of the files that get changed when you Register from the last couple of patches. The problem is repeatable - both on Windows 2000 Professional systems where you Re-register A1 and on fresh installations of A1 Workstation which require you to register.

The only workaround I've found so far after registering/re-registering on Windows 2000 Professional systems is that in order to get to a A1 login screen (the older version) is by running the older "law.exe" file.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Network Administrator - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 am

When registering on the Win 2000 machine are you checking the All Controls checkbox? Please try this with it unchecked and see if it then is successful on the WIn 2000 pro computers.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Dear Michael,

Went through the entire process - This time with the "All Controls" box left unchecked as requested.

No difference. Issue remains.

When I logged out of the A1 and attempted to use the A1 shortcut I got the:
"Microsoft Visual Foxpro - Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual Foxpro library" error message again.

Thanks for your ongoing support with this issue.

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Network Administrator - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Please check for the VFP9 files in the c:\lawlocal\controls folder. If they are not in the c:\lawlocal\controls folder please post back. Otherwise, if you see VFP9 files then try registering them manually and let me know what happens (only these two files). There are three files but only two need to be registered. Register them as follows:

Click Start, Run and type the following:
regsvr32 c:\lawlocal\controls\vfp9r.dll

Click Start, Run and type the following:
regsvr32 c:\lawlocal\controls\vfp9t.dll

If it says Succeeded for both, try running A1Law again.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Dear Michael,

It looks like you may have hit on something...

1. I checked the Lawlocal\controls (folder). It contained: vfp9r.dll, vfp9t.dll, and vfp9enu.dll.

2. I attempted to register vfp9r.dll -

The following error message appeared:
RegSvr32
Loadlibrary("c:\lawlocal\controls\vfp9r.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found.

-This is strange because once again the Lawlocal folder DOES list the vfp9r.dll file. I attempted several times (making sure I got the correct spelling) - And still received the same error message.

3.To make sure the registration process was working, I attempted to register vfp9t.dll - It registered successfully:

DllregisterServer in c:\lawlocal\controls\vfp9t.dll succeeded.

4. Went back into the Lawlocal Folder. Checked the version # of vfp9r.dll - 9.0.0.7423.

Please let me know the next step I should take. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm

vfp9r.dll (as well as the others) should be in lawlocal\controls (not lawlocal). Make sure you have full rights to the lawlocal as well as all subfolders.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Dear Michael,

Mis-typed in #1 above - I went ahead and edited it from "Lawlocal" (folder) to "Lawlocal\controls" (folder).

I have full rights - I am using an administrative account on the computer system.

*So as it stands:

The file vfp9r.dll IS in the C:\Lawlocal\controls (folder)

However when I attempt to register vfp9r.dll as directed:

RegSvr32
Loadlibrary("c:\lawlocal\controls\vfp9r.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found.

Thanks!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:20 pm

Do you have the msvcr71.dll in the windows\system32 folder?

That definitely is where the problem lies though if you can't register that file.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Dear Michael,

The computer does have msvcr71.dll - Version 7.10.3052.4

However the computer does not have a WINDOWS folder - It has a WINNT folder instead.

So the file is found at:

C:\WINNT\system32 folder.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:42 pm

Please Email me a good time to contact you so that I can sign on this computer if it has internet access to find out what is missing in the windows OS that is keeping the control from registering.

Thanks,
Mike