Re: Merge Codes

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:54 pm

This is the code I have tried to come up with for entering a WCAB or Claim Number. What do I enter in my blank line? I've tried a few variations but haven't figured out the correct one yet. Basically I want the WCAB number to show if there is one. If there is not, then I want the Claim Number instead. I know their are simple codes (EAMSALL4) that will enter the EAMS number if there is no WCAB number, but we only want the Insurance Claim Number. Am I making this harder than it needs to be?

>
{FieldName = WCABorClaim
>}

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:48 am

This is a different question so I have split the topic. Please remember to add new topics when questions are different.

Consider using injury,EAMSALL so that the EAMS # is included. Here's the parameters:

EAMSALL1 Returns all EAMS #
EAMSALL2 Returns all EAMS #
EAMSALL3 Returns all EAMS # and WCAB # for all cases where it puts EAMS
# in parenthesis
EAMSALL4 Returns all case numbers either the EAMS # or WCAB # but not
both and EAMS # has priority

Please RECHECK your information. I've never heard of an office that wants either the WCAB or Claim number but not both. Most might prefer the WCAB or EAMS # but not both. You can use ClaimNoAll to display all the claim number but that would go on a separate line. So the caption would look something like this for the prefix part:

RE:
Case No:
Claim No:
DOI:

(note the change on Line 2 from WCAB NO: or EAMS No to Case No since it could be either).

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:40 am

Actually what I asked for originally was exactly what we wanted - simply because this was not only for WC cases. We wanted the form to work for both WC and PI and for a time we had used the Claim Number as the field for the PI Case No. But since we're now working with the User Defined Screen, it's a bit different.

Basically if the case is WC, then I need this to appear:
WCAB No: LA123456
Claim No: 1234567890

And if its a PI case, then I need this to appear:
Case No: 1234567890
Date of Loss: 1/1/10

I need the codes to change the text as well as the data it merges. Any ideas? I have tried a series of 4 different codes and they work to an extent. I can make the text change depending on what info is available in the client card. But I can't seem to make the data merge for the Case #s.

>
{FieldName = WCABtext
>}

{FieldName = WCABorCase
>}

{FieldName = ClaimText
>}

{FieldName = ClaimNO
>}

When I use these, I get the error that says A1 can't interpret the following line . . . . . but only for the case # or the Claim # - the text ones work just fine.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:15 pm

So what you want is something completely different to be merged if it is a WC case vs. a Civil case. First, I have to ask if the Civil Letters are DIFFERENT than the Workers' Compensation letters? If so, then all you need is a different code to merge the caption in your master merge letter. For example:

{FieldName = CaptionWC
....codes....}
{FieldName = CaptionPI
...codes...}

This seems like the ideal solution. Then you simply merge the CaptionWC code in your workers' compensation letters and CaptionPI codes in your civil letters.

However, if some of the letter(s) for civil are the same as the letter for workers' compensation then you'll need to test the type of case and merge the appropriate caption.

The best method for this is probably to use a command in your master merge letter to merge another letter if it's a comp vs a civil case.

Here's an example:

" + ">", "" + ">")>>

The above code says if it is a civil case then merge the information in form 2001 otherwise any other type of case (work comp) merges letter 2000 as the default. Then in letter 2000 you might have something like:

{FIELDNAME = CaptionAll
...codes for wc caption...}

and in letter 2001 you might have
{FIELDNAME = CaptionAll
...codes for pi caption...}

However, I can't see you needing to structure it this way since the civil letters would probably be different and in a different range (ie: letters 1000-2000) than the workers' compensation letters (which might be letters 1-1000). Therefore, you would use a different name for each caption in the group of letters such as CaptionPI and CaptionWC.

Let me know if all this makes sense and you will be using the first method for a separate caption code for work comp and PI.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:20 pm

No, this one letter in particular is for both kinds of cases. It's a general fax. We don't want separate faxes for PI or WC. Just one that can decide on its own wether to pull WC or PI info.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:29 pm

In that case you will want to use the command (as an example):

" + ">", "" + ">")>>

Then as a test you can start by putting something real simple in letter 2000 just as a test like this:

{FIELDNAME = CaptionAll
WCAB No: TEST1
Claim No: 1234567890}

In letter 2001 you might have a test like this:
{FieldName = CaptionAll
Case No: 1234567890
Date of Loss: 1/1/10}

Then once you have tested this and it works just replace the TEST1 with the code that merges the WCAB No or EAMS No and replace the codes to merge the claim number, PI case number and date of loss.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Got it working. Thanks.