ScanTracker

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

ScanTracker

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi Mike,

I hope all is well.

Our office is a big fan of scanning our mail into A1. However, we are finidng that doing the scanning ourselves is taking too much time (consdering the massive amounts of mail we recieve each day), and we would like to consider using a third party to do our scanning.

I am under the impression that the ScanTracker can be linked a third party to download scanned mail. Can you please advise which company to use, and how to set this up?

I tried looking for this in the A1 manual and forums, by the way, but I cannot find the information.

Thanks for your help,

Adam

Anonymous User

Re: ScanTracker

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:17 pm

ScanFiles through Med-Legal copy service. Would you like me to provide them your Email address or a link to this thread?

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:22 pm

By the way - are you finding it is taking too much time to "scan the documents" due to the separating of the staples, your scanner, etc. or are you referring to attaching it into a case? Because, attaching mail to a case should be very fast with the new ScanFiles Service Module.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Mike, I'd like to learn more about ScanFiles Service Module, what it is, how to set it up, or use it, etc. Where would I find that info? Thanks, Frank

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Please start by downloading this video to your desktop and double click it to launch it in your default media player such as windows media player and be sure to turn your speakers on and the volume up:

http://www.appellsoftware.com/videos/SFSMainLong.wmv

In addition to the module every office also has the ability to allow the company ScanFiles to pick up their mail each morning so that ScanFiles scans it in and then the office downloads mail each day without having to scan it at all but all options are available to you. Start with the video and that will help to answer a lot of questions about how it works. We welcome your feedback on the training video as well as scanning once you get started.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:17 pm

I've reviewed some of the Scan Files video.

Mike, Do you realize how helpful videos like this would be for using A1? You could do several, covering a various topics, put them on your site, and all your clients would be very greatful.

Or, you can hire someone who does training on A1 to do them for you.

How about it?

Frank

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:47 pm

We are working on it. Check out the EAMS video. You can click this link to get to the main video section:

http://www.appellsoftware.com/videos/

Then right click onthe EAMS1.wmv video and save it to your desktop and watch it. It seems that not too many are fond of help files or instruction manuals which come with A1Law but perhaps the trend is going towards videos. At the same time, I think the Support Forum right here is yet another great wealth of information since it can be searched for various questions. Thank you again for your feedback and check out the EAMS video.

Mike