Email signatures

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Email signatures

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 19, 2010 3:06 pm

We've set up MS Outlook 2007 to include signatures automatically. When we compose an email from within Outlook, that signature is always included. But when we compose an email using A1 and the Parties tab, the signature is not included. We can put it manually, of course, but it's nice to have it there by default in case we forget. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Email signatures

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 19, 2010 3:27 pm

The simplest way would be to first go into A1-Law and then open up an Outlook Email form where you would normally send mail. Next, put it in manually as you stated above. Next, on the Outlook form click the File, Save As and save it in the A1Law\Extras folder and call it: OLTRHD.OFT

(:P)

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks Mike, that does more or less work. A few follow up questions:

First, I assume that makes everyone's signature the same across different email accounts? In other words, attorney A and attorney B will have the same signature because this solution depends on changing the template saved in the network's A1\Extras folder instead of using the signature created on an individual workstation's copy of MS Outlook?

Second, I sent a dummy message to my personal email with this solution in place. The signature does show up, but double-spaced (even though it appears single-spaced when I look in MS Outlook's Sent mail folder). I know there are a million ways for email formatting errors to show up, but have you got any idea why this is or how to fix it?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 19, 2010 4:33 pm

These are really good questions - here's my responses:

1. You may place a default letterhead to use in the A1Law\Extras folder. However, you may override that default letterhead with a custom one for the user signed in (not the attorney handling a specific case) by creating a custom letterhead file with the same filename in the A1Law\Staff\(myusername) folder. Therefore, if the attorney is sending the Email then it's going to work just fine with their default preferences in their letterhead file. If the secretary or paralegal is sending it then it's going to have their default preferences which is probably what they would want anyways in spite of a specific case itself. So, every user account may have their own customized letterhead in the Email.

You'll have to copy the file from the Extras folder into the A1Law\Staff\(some user name) folder and then modify the specifics from there.

2. All I can say is Email me a copy of the file and I can test it here. You can also google the problem with double spacing. It could also be something in Outlook whether you are using Rich Text, HTML format, etc. It's probalby something in the Tools settings somewhere. Let me know what you find or feel free to send it here and I can test it. LAST - you can also directly open the OFT file again right from Outlook by clicking the down arrow on the NEW mail button and then select Choose Form. Next click the Look in dropdown and select User Templates in File System and click Browse to find it and see if it is double spaced. Still another option might by to try and edit the double spaced Email back to single spaced and then save it again in the Extras folder.

Mike