How to search for question

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
ferankin

How to search for question

Post by ferankin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Mike,

I've looked in the support forum but could not find an answer to this question. Last week, I found out a client had been dead for 2 1/2 years and we didn't know. I want to do a search for any cases where there has been no activity for the past x months. How can I do that?

Thanks, Frank

Admin1
Site Admin

Re: How to search for question

Post by Admin1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Ideally - what you want is to not have to run such a report because then the case is already "lost in the tracks." You can run the report but let me explain the what you really want is to make SURE that every open case has at least one task assigned to it. In that way, the case never gets buried.

Go to Reports, Task Report. Next, leave the Beg Date blank and enter an ending date perhaps three months in the future like 1/25/2011. Next, enter O for the Case Status. At this point if you clicked Run you would see all tasks for open cases within that range. Check the NO ACTIVITY checkbox so that you see all open cases that do not have a task assigned anywhere from in the past to up to three months in the future. Any case that is displayed should be assigned a task. Single click on each case in the list, click the Pull Case button and assign a task so that those cases do not get buried.

To check for cases that have had no activity in a long time click Reports, Case Activity Report and enter O for the status. Enter a Beg date like 4 months ago 6/25/2010 and enter an ending date of today's date 10/25/2010. Now, if you click Run then you will see all open cases with activity in that date range. We want to see open cases that have had NO activity in that range so check the NO ACTIVITY checkbox.

The reports may take a minute or two to run but be sure to enter just the letter O for the status which indicates the first letter of the status must start with O which would include OP as well as OPEN.

Mike

ferankin

Re: How to search for question

Post by ferankin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks, Mike. Using the Case Activity Report worked. Frank