Email post error Invalid Category

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
SCOLETTI

Email post error Invalid Category

Post by SCOLETTI » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 am

Michael - Hi this is Jim Clark their IT consultant. Sherry will forward your response to me.
Gianna - is getting the above error "email post error invalid category". I searched on that and found nothing. She also sent me this phrase "could not post this email to case activity". Again a search found nothing.
Thusly I am adding a new topic.

Look forward to hearing from you! Jim

Admin1
Site Admin

Re: Email post error Invalid Category

Post by Admin1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:58 am

When sending the Email there is a dropdown that allows them to select the category to post to. They may also change the default category to post to. Click the dropdown to select the category to post to (this is the same window where they write the Email).

Mike

SCOLETTI

Post by SCOLETTI » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi, Mike -

This is Sherry. I know about the drop down box to post to case activity. However, we have some clients that we have to e-mail their correspondence to them. When the secretaries used to e-mail it (without any kind of message in the e-mail), the email would be posted under "Forms," and then "Saved Documents." When you viewed it from the saved documents, it would pull up the actual e-mail, and you can see what was attached. We would use this function when there was nothing to say in the e-mail, only to e-mail an attached letter. This was nice because it did not clog up Case Activity with a bunch of e-mails that didn't mean anything.

Some people in my office (not all) are having this problem. I tried reindexing, but it did not help. Let me know if there is something else I should do. Thanks.

Sherry Coletti

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:45 am

I'm not understanding your last post. Anything in Saved Documents is also in case activity. Are you asking how to default posting of Emails to a different category?

Mike

SCOLETTI

Post by SCOLETTI » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:42 pm

Up until last week sometime, that wasn't the case, and I liked it. If we e-mail an attachment and didn't put a category, it would show "(Email to: person@email.com) in Saved Documents, but nothing would show in case activity. It was nice because we didn't have a bunch of blank emails without any dialogue in Case Activity. If you want, you can log into my computer tomorrow, and I will show you what I am talking about. So I'm not sure what exactly changed.

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Feel free to Email me so that we may arrange a time for me to sign in remotely and assist further.

Thanks,
Mike