advanced search features

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
jay

advanced search features

Post by jay » Tue Nov 13, 2001 9:27 am

I'm trying to do a case activity report for one user. I set the advanced field in case filters to staff.initials="JAY" but I get a "no cases found" message. Leaving this field blank shows all cases for the date range I have. I know I can sort the result of the entire report by double clicking on the colimn with the user's initials but I still need to know how to get only one user's activity.

Michael Appell

Re: advanced search features

Post by Michael Appell » Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:44 am

Hi Jay,

Thanks for posting your question here. Okay, basically if I understand you correctly you want to view ALL of the case activity events a specific person has entered in a certain range of time. In Case Activity Filters you want to enter the following in Advanced :

caseact.initials = "JAY"

Keep in mind the following: this will display all of the events JAY last made changes to. If Jay added the event it will display those events also. However, if Jay added the event but ABC made a change to the case activity event then it will not be displayed. If you want to see all of the case activity events where JAY was the "originator" regardless of who last made a change to it then you would use this:

caseact.initials0 = "JAY"

(That's a zero after the word initials, not the letter O)
Also, remember that the more information you enter in Case Filters (like W for Type of Case, O for Open Cases, ABC for the Attorney Handling) the faster the report will run.

Feel free to reply back.

Mike.

jay

Re: advanced search features

Post by jay » Tue Nov 13, 2001 2:50 pm

that's the answer I was looking for, thanks